Wednesday, January 30, 2008

UP YOU MIGHTY PEOPLE!! UP!!!

Ok i have to take a break from the gossip, fashion, tech etc. that I usually write about to Blog about something that is very important to me. This upcoming election has brought out everyone's true colors no pun intended. This is our opportunity as black people to rise! This is our chance. So rise! I'm so tired of reading about these racist people who claim that if I vote for Obama then I am just doing so because he is black! I am offended by this ignorant statement in its entirety. To suggest that I am only voting for Obama because he is black is an insult to Obama, my people and my own intelligence! It insinuates that there will never be a black candidate that is competent, qualified, intelligent, professional, skilled and experienced enough to vote for and the ONLY reason that I or any other black person would have to vote for him is based entirely on race. Don't get me wrong, I mean, race is reality but why can't I support Obama for more reasons than race! Why can't I believe in his promises of change. Why can't I be audacious enough to actually have hope for the future! He does... and i believe in him. I believe that he is capable and competent enough to take control of this country and will do a lot of things for us. The fact that he is black is an added incentive, a bit of chocolate syrup on this plain vanilla ice cream if u will!
I admire Hillary Clinton's intelligence and mastery of politics but she is an old politician, stuck in her old ways. I believe everyone is entitled to their own opinion so if you are black and you have decided to vote for Clinton then that is your choice but consider this for a second. Everyone talks of the Clinton's great affinity for blacks but lets have a little bit of a reality check! What was really done specifically for black people during the Clinton administration. The answer NOTHING! How many black people were appointed to positions of power in the government during the Clinton administration? The answer is NONE! For years upon years the Democratic party with the Clintons included have taken the support of blacks for granted. Of course they want our support and money but as long as we stay in our place So if you vote for Clinton you would be better off voting Republican! At least the Republicans have appointed us into power, (i.e. Colin Powell and Condoleeza Rice) So RISE people. BECOME AWARE! READ! and most importantly VOTE! There is more to life than "bling"! Remember its has been less than 50 years since were were actually able to exercise suffrage! So do it! Ghandi said "Be the change you want to see in the world".

No comments: